1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Trailers? What Kind Does Everyone Have?

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by toddman35, Jul 29, 2000.

1. toddman35

toddman35 LawnSite Member

I am looking at a triton utility trailer that is 81&quot; wide and 12' long double axle. Any advice would be nice <br>thanks <br><p>----------<br>Todd Maurer<br>
  2. Sammy

Sammy LawnSite Bronze Member

I have a International 16' landscape tandom and Keefer 25'flat bed w/beaver tail.

WALKERMOW LawnSite Member

todd depending on how many mowers you are transporting as to how long you need your trailer i have 2 16 footers and they work great both trailers haul 3 mowers but i also have a 10 footer for cases when i have to transport a mower back to the shop for repairs a friend that is in the business bought a 12 and he regrets it because he cannot expand his business unless he buys another trailer..hope this helps<br>oh yea a drop gate is a must,,, ramps are a pain!!
  4. accuratelawn

accuratelawn LawnSite Senior Member

16 foot 2 foot dovetail tandem. Carries two walkbehinds, push and ZTR.<br>
  5. Mowman

Mowman LawnSite Senior Member

Just bought a homemade 5x10 w/4'Ramp Gate w/mesh floor and 14&quot; tires,flip up jack and lights for $650.00. All I have to do is paint it. I think I got a good deal.
  6. snow

snow Guest

i'm getting a 4x8' trailer to carry my 48&quot; kees which is supposed to arrive any day. (i keep telling myself). to register and get a plate for 2 years it costs....$23. all i have to do is get a hitch on our van, and a wiring harness along with registering it.<p>Bryan
  7. gene gls

gene gls LawnSite Gold Member

I have a custom made Landscape trailer that has a 16' deck and tandom axels with brakes on the front axel.I wished I had gotten brakes on both axels.In the spring and fall it is full of equipment.I wouldn't recomend any thing shorter.
  8. eslawns

eslawns LawnSite Senior Member

I use a 4x8 with 3' sides to haul branches, clippings, trash, and mulch. I just replaced a 5x10 with a 6x12. I couldn't fit both walk behinds on the 5x10. Now I can fit them both, plus the 21&quot;. Anyone need a 5x10? :)<p>Keep in mind where you drive. I wanted one the width of my truck. I also wanted one light enough to pull with a 6 cyl truck. Best bet? If you can afford it, and pull it, a 6x16 enclosed. Keep everything out of the weather, secured, and a 16' sign with your business' name. A rolling billboard.<p><font size="1">Edited by: eslawns
  9. Barkleymut

Barkleymut LawnSite Bronze Member

Another 5x10 seller here. Take the note, if you plan on your business growing go ahead and buy the 6x16. Even if you only have one WB on there for a yr. or 2. It's better than wasting $600-800 on a trailer that will be useless after a year because you can't fit that new 60&quot; ZTR on it. But then again you could resell a 5x10 for about the same price you can buy a used one for now. So just think out your situation.
  10. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

Open 6 x 14 with two gates. Front gate drops to pickup bumper for dumping Walker into box. Stake pockets w/ interchangable sides for each season. Dual axle. No brake. Lots of reflective tape.