trailers

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by lawn jockey, Sep 22, 2001.

1. lawn jockey

lawn jockey LawnSite Member

I have just started building a trailer (well about 3/4 of the way done) its 22ft long 18ft deck and 4ft beaver tail with a 4ft gate. oh and 8ft wide the deck is above the tires so i was thinking of installing a box so that the top is flush with the deck to drive over. has anybody ever tried this? thankyoyu cory

2. kutnkru

kutnkru LawnSite Silver Member

Will you need special permits to haul your equipment because of the extreme width???

3. 1grnlwn

1grnlwn LawnSite Bronze Member

Watch the height of that bever tail, mine drags a lot leaving parking lots and unlevel intersections.:p

4. Guido

Guido LawnSite Silver Member

or I would take a picture for you. Most larger trailers have them built into the decks or necks of the trailers for holding straps and binders, etc. Its a good idea, but remember you have to unload to get to them. Not sure what you were thinking about storing in there, but it is a good idea if you have the room.

The one problem I've seen is its almost impossible to make them watertight. I'll take a few pics if I remember tommorow.

Good Luck and hope this helps!

5. Likestomow

Likestomow LawnSite Senior Member

Hey Lawn Jockey -- see if you can get a hold of a digital camera and post some pics for everyone to see. I for one would like to see what it looks like so far.

What about the cost? Have you figured out how much you will be saving compared to buying one ready-made? Any unique features that might be of interest?