1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

trailers

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by jphag, Sep 1, 2003.

1. jphag

jphag LawnSite Member

:) I am considering changing trailers and I presently have a homemade extra heavy duty that weighs as much as my F 150 truck. It has already ruined my transmission and My plans are to get a new smaller truck and trailer. I want to upgrade to an enclosed trailer . I have a 32" toro walk behind, 2 - 21" toro walk behinds, 2 weedeaters, blower and all the extras. My question is ? The truck is a v-6 Nissan and the trailer is an enclosed 6 x 10. Will I be happy with decision?

2. A1 Grass

A1 Grass LawnSite Senior Member

The enclosed trailer is an excellent idea. Will the truck hack it?

I have a 5x8 enclosed jammed full and my old dodge 318 pulled like a slug and got terrible mileage. So after the trailer I got a Dodge Cummins diesel and all is well...

3. jphag

jphag LawnSite Member

Thank you. I will consider this.

4. jphag

jphag LawnSite Member

:) Is a 5x8 enclosed trailer large enough to carry a 32" mower w/ a sulky, 22" push mower, 2 weed eaters, blower and all the extras as well?

5. A1 Grass

A1 Grass LawnSite Senior Member

I don't have pics right now (not at home). In my 5x8 trailer I have a 32" SCAG w/velke (sulky is too big and slows you down), a 21" push, 2 blowers, 2 trimmers, chainsaw, + all the extras (rakes, shovels, bag holder, hand tools, sprayers, etc) including a 6' ladder. All easily accessible. Plus an ALARM.

I wouldn't mind a 6x10, but I do have everything I need for my solo act in the 5x8. I will be happy to send pics in the next couple of days.