Trailers

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by John P., Nov 29, 2004.

1. John P.

John P. LawnSite Senior Member

I need help I'm torn between getting a 6x12 enclosed trailer verses something a Little bit larger such as a 6x14 or 6x16 open trailers. I was wondering if anyone had any story's or helpful tips while out shopping of trailers.

2. TURF DOCTOR

TURF DOCTOR LawnSite Silver Member

A 6x12 enclosed is a good all around size 52 inch decks is all you can fit in the trailer, a ztr and wb and a push mower will fit fine.

3. Gilla Gorilla

Gilla Gorilla LawnSite Senior Member

What kind of and what size equipment are you trying to fit in these trailers???
    That would be the big decission maker.

4. BobwithECLC

BobwithECLC LawnSite Member

We run two trailers a 16' open landscape trailer and a 14 Bri-mar Dump trailer
    This is what works for us. You just need to find what will work for you. Why do you want or need an enclosed trailer?

5. ztoro

ztoro LawnSite Senior Member

I had a 6*12 and could fit 2 wb or one ztr(60 inch)

I would go with a 7*14 or a 6*14 at least

6. John P.

John P. LawnSite Senior Member

I have a bobcat 48" and a bun-ton 36", and would want to fit both inside the enclosed 6x12.............possible?

7. ztoro

ztoro LawnSite Senior Member

I assume they are both WB? if so yes. I have had a 52 TTHP and a MTD 48 in a 6x12 with no problem.

8. Tulsa Lawn Guy

Tulsa Lawn Guy LawnSite Member

I have an open 6x18 foot trailer. I would like to get an enclosed trailer in the future. It would be worth it to keep the equipment dry and to use the exterior for advertising purposes...

9. JamesM

JamesM LawnSite Member

If anybody is interested, I have a 7'X16" Haulmark enclosed for sale in Oklahoma, $2800. Would help with delivery for small fee.

Thanks, James