trailor wiring help!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by bababooie, Apr 26, 2003.

1. bababooie

bababooie LawnSite Member

:blob3:
    my trailor has a blue,black,light green,yellow and brown wires.i know that the yellow works my left turn but my right is not working,coming from my truck i haveblue,black,red which is where i put the yellow, green, brown and white. i also connected the blue to blue and black to black and the left brake light works also, but nothing on the right.

2. CO.d 502nd

CO.d 502nd Banned

What i did to mine was buy for 25 bucks a trailer wireing kit and completely changed the wireing and tail lights on the trailer took 15 minutes to do it.

Do the tail lights and turn signals on the truck all work ok ?

3. Bigfoot

Bigfoot LawnSite Member

If the truck has separate wiring for a trailer it could be a blown fuse in the truck.

4. wriken

wriken LawnSite Silver Member

Thats what I did on my 1999 trailer, fixed the problem, think I got it a walmart.

5. June Bugs Mowing

June Bugs Mowing LawnSite Member

Check the fuse under the hood of your truck. Its is the main fuse block.Look on the cap of the block it should tell you right turn or left turn signal fuse. The same thing happend to me and i was going nuts until a friend told me to check the main box uner the hood.Hope this helps.Please let us know what it is.

6. nelbuts

nelbuts LawnSite Bronze Member
    from SW, FL

Get a test light.

If you have a tow package and a break controler the blue is for breaks. Yellow left, green right, brown tail, yellow and green stop.

If you have black on your truck then it should be the ground.

7. fatboy5803

fatboy5803 LawnSite Senior Member

If everything is working on the truck, you should be able to use a test light to figure out the different wires... Make sure all bulbs are good... Be sure you have a good ground... Is it a New or Used trailer ?? And like said earlier maybe just get a new harness for trailer... Hope this helps........

Lou :cool:

8. Shuter

Shuter LawnSite Bronze Member

Same issue. I picked up a used dump trailer last night. The lights are not working. I think it is easier for the amount of money it costs to completly replace the lighting, $40.00.

9. LawnGuy73

LawnGuy73 LawnSite Bronze Member

I'd say buy all new wiring, save the headache...

10. grassdaddy

grassdaddy LawnSite Senior Member

CALL u-haul they'll wire you up a pig-tail for 15.00 here in Chatt.;) ;)