1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Train your customers

Discussion in 'Florida Lawn Care Forum' started by South Florida Lawns, Jun 12, 2013.

1. South Florida Lawns

South Florida Lawns LawnSite Platinum Member
    from usa

With all this rain we have been getting, I make it clear to my customers that they will be serviced the following day if its a rain out. If its still wet or we get more rain they are skipped.

When you have a tight route with many stops throughout the week its almost impossible to keep coming back here and there waiting on yards to dry.

I found a simple phone call to my new customers letting them know what to expect with us and the weather. You can also include this in your initial bid and it will save you.
  2. DoubleClutch

DoubleClutch LawnSite Member

I tell all my customers that if it rains they will be serviced the next day but if it rains for 2 days or more or if there yard is wet they will get skipped. Biweekly customers will be moved to the next week and stay biweekly from there. Got to cover all base's so that is why I tell all my client's this.
  3. fobaum

fobaum LawnSite Senior Member

Rain suit+rubber boots . blowing takes longer, i let my employees know rain or shine , I supply good rain gear boots etc.. but we gotta GET R DONE:usflag:
  4. easy-lift guy

easy-lift guy LawnSite Gold Member

Customers are like trees, some are easier or harder than others!
    easy-lift guy