training employees

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by ronslawncare, Apr 14, 2002.

1. ronslawncare

ronslawncare LawnSite Senior Member

How do you guys go about training spanish labor.There is a labor ready office not to far from my area.The question is how do you train them to run the large mowers or any equiptment,do you have a training manual that is written in spanish explaining what should be done on each account.This would be my first employee,any info is appreciated.
  2. ronslawncare

ronslawncare LawnSite Senior Member

anyone out
  3. AK Lawn

AK Lawn LawnSite Member

no hables epanol? Do you speak spanish, it helps and is very important in understanding if they are talking $h!t about you, but personally being from AK not many spanish workers that do not speak english, so i do not let on that i speak spanish, as far as training all that i can think of is in spanish, or a manual is a good idea, sorry i can not me more help
    AK Lawn
  4. SLS

SLS LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Mars

Wouldn't it be easier just to hire someone who can speak good 'ol english?

I wouldn't go to Russia, looking for a job, and expect the guy who may hire me to learn english because I wouldn't/couldn't learn speak russian.

Life is complicated enough already.
  5. MikeLT1Z28

MikeLT1Z28 LawnSite Bronze Member

amen to what SLS said! that is exactly how i feel. now i have no problem with someone making a living.. i DO however have a BIG problem with them making that money and sending it out of our country. i speak enough spanish to get me thru most conversations.