Training to repari equipment ?

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by SCAPEASAURUSREX, Sep 2, 2003.

1. SCAPEASAURUSREX

SCAPEASAURUSREX LawnSite Senior Member

Wondering if any one knows where to go about getting serious training on the repair of 2 cycle and 4 cycle engine, electrical systems, hydros, etc on the lawn care equipment we use .. Do manufacturers offer it ?? did a search and found some colleges offer it but they are way to far to do a night class thing... or maybe couple of day seminars etc... any thoughts /?? thanks..

2. redbull

redbull LawnSite Member

read the post above this by ksimpson

3. mpflood

mpflood LawnSite Member

just an idea,
    Bergen Tech high school offers small engine repair at night 4 adults

4. SCAPEASAURUSREX

Bergen tech ?? I'll check that out.. I was not aware of that .. Thanks Mike..

5. mmacsek

mmacsek LawnSite Senior Member

Chris ,
    I see you're from north Jersey. I just received a flyer from Rutgers and they offer a workshop course on small engine repair for the green industry. If you check at Rutgers website you should be able to find something. I believe it's at the Cook college campus. I took a one day course there last year and it was worth the money. Matt

6. SCAPEASAURUSREX

Matt Thanks, I just got it too... Think I'm gonna take it.. You ??

7. mmacsek

mmacsek LawnSite Senior Member

Sorry I won't be able to make it. Bad timing. The leaves are in full force then and I can't lose the time off. I thinking about taking the turfgrass pest management class Jan. 22. Matt

8. SCAPEASAURUSREX

Yeah It is bad timing, right towards the hi point of leaf season ... ughh..... WHy dont they do these things over the winter... Seems like everything is sheduled kind of wierd time wise?