Training

Discussion in 'Frog Lights' started by lx665, May 22, 2005.

1. lx665

lx665 LawnSite Member

Does Frog Lights offer any training or classes in landscape lighting? If not, where can we find some good training materials relating to landscape lighting?

John

2. Frog Lights  LLC

Frog Lights LLC LawnSite Member

Yes, to have a basic idea of what to do and how it works is necessary. Frog Lights, LLC is working on a video to teach how to do this. Most irrigation distributors offer the courses, but I found they are mostly sales opportunities for them. Also, I am working on a step by step process for one house an LCO submitted on my forum also. Please check it out. I should have time to finish it tonight.
    I will next write step by step instructions (time permitting) and post that to this forum. I think that will be very helpful. It will be a course in lighting installation. After reading the course , buy some lights and try it. It is really simple and the results are spectacular. After you install a few you will be an expert. Since, I have been in the contracting business a long time, I know what is needed and at what price. Please see our web site and we sell direct to the contractors. This month I am featuring FREE SHIPPING (except on transformers and wire) and 20 % OFF normal contractor pricing ! These prices will be close to what the distributors pay for the merchandise! Bulbs (MR 16) are $3 each 2/$5 !!!!
    Please feel free to contact me anytime and I will be pleased to help you.
    Noel Frog Lights, LLC

3. mikesturf

mikesturf LawnSite Senior Member

Half a year ago you mentioned you are putting together a training video. How can I get a copy?

4. Frog Lights  LLC

Mike
    The first few came out poorly. We are trying to produce it to look more professional. Send me your address via email. Thanks

5. NightScenes

NightScenes LawnSite Silver Member

Mikesturf, most distributors offer seminars or will go out with you to help you design and install your first couple of jobs. Are you currently installing lighting?

6. Frog Lights  LLC

Yes, Paul we are installing and are willing to assist anyone that asks us. I enjoy the information that you post. I am very interested in your organization. I would like you to see our line of product. We will be at the EP Henry show.

7. NightScenes

Noel, I am looking forward to recieving information on your products. I would also like a sample, if you don't mind. I like to lay hands on products, so I know them better, before I purchase them for my clients. Please also check into the LVLIA. Manufacturers such as FXL, Kichler and Vista are current members. The expo is in February.

8. mikesturf

mikesturf LawnSite Senior Member

No I do not, but I would like to do my own house first and go from there. Just need info on how to do it.

9. NightScenes

I have been answering questions in the landscape lighting forum. I am pretty much always available at 325-423-0653. You can also reach me by e-mail at paul@night-scapesbyprg.com . I recommend www.lowvolt.org also. There is alot of great info there.
    Call anytime.

10. CLARK LAWN

CLARK LAWN LawnSite Silver Member

any new info on the training video i would like to get one. i don't currently do lighting but I'm seeing more of a demand for it and would like to start