Training

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by onthesidelawncare, Jul 23, 2006.

1. onthesidelawncare

onthesidelawncare LawnSite Member
    from Jax. FL

My name is Derek and I have a lawncare business in jax. FL. I was wondering if there are any training courses or good books on irrigation out there? I dont have any experiance but I would like to get into the business any help would be appreciated.

2. Superbrock

Superbrock LawnSite Member

Derek, I am a new irrigation company in Jacksonville, FL. I had experience prior to starting my company (mostly golf course irrigation). Prior to starting my company, I was looking for an irrigation contractor that was willing to give me some "refresher" work. Good luck if you want to try that avenue. I even told one contractor that he didn't have to pay me. No luck. If you decide to get into the irrigation field, start with repair work to familiarize yourself. Do you get many repairs with your Lawn Company?

3. onthesidelawncare

onthesidelawncare LawnSite Member
    from Jax. FL

Sorry for the late reply, no I have only had one person who needed a repair. They just needed a new head, and they even had the head at there house. So I went ahead and put it on for her. I think FCCJ has a training course they put on do you know anything about that?