Trammell Crow Co anyone with experience with them?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by 1stclasslawns, Jan 20, 2003.

1. 1stclasslawns

1stclasslawns LawnSite Senior Member

I am bidding 2 banks for them any experience with them I need to look out for???

Thanks Jim
  2. Bunton Guy

Bunton Guy LawnSite Bronze Member

For the last 2 years here in NC I have tried getting in with them with no luck. I guess they just throw away my letters.
  3. Greens Keeper

Greens Keeper LawnSite Member

Tough to deal with. Must have everything to the nine on paperwork. Never had problem with getting paid. Just had to deal with people inside behind a desk that only know outdoor maintainance thru a window
  4. matitude

matitude LawnSite Member

Dealt with them for 5 years doing banks. Wish I could tell you good things but not to many I can think of. Watch your pricing if you want the work they are strictly lowest bidder, at least up here anyway.
  5. J&R

J&R LawnSite Senior Member

I know trammell lost one of there big account this year.
  6. Tharrell

Tharrell LawnSite Silver Member

I was going to ask this very question but did a search instead. Anybody have anything to add? How do you go about getting started? Do they have a bid packet or what? Are their properties bid on every year?

PMLAWN LawnSite Gold Member

Yes they have bid packets and they have all different duration of contract. Best bet is to talk to other contractors (in other fields) that do work for them and find out the name of the contact person at Tramwell.
    They are a company that does facilities management for others. Their job is to manage buildings cheaper than the building owner could so they are all about price. Try to find the finance manager and get to know them as they are the people to please. Once you do you will be on the A list can be called often. Just remember to keep your overhead as low as possable as it is $ based. Most projects will have 1 manager but they will pass along good people to their coworkers.
    Keep abrest of the financial news as they are doing BofA and with the merger with Fleet a lot is up for grabs.
  8. Norm Al

Norm Al LawnSite Bronze Member

they are good to work for. They pay if you do the work but you probably will not make much money on extras!
  9. Bunton Guy

Bunton Guy LawnSite Bronze Member

What did you guys do to seperate yourself from the competition so that TC co. would notice you and let you bid on their properties?
  10. sbvfd592

sbvfd592 LawnSite Senior Member

nice quote love it