trampoline and lawn applications revisted

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by ant, Apr 24, 2005.

1. ant

ant LawnSite Silver Member

how many of you move them?

some i will move and some i wont....
    the one that is falling apart i will applicate around.

2. LonniesLawns

LonniesLawns LawnSite Senior Member
    from KS

I won't touch them -- just spray around them and under them. Do you move wswingsets and other structures in the yard?

3. Green Dreams

Green Dreams LawnSite Senior Member
    from Texas

Me too....

4. Enviro Green

Enviro Green LawnSite Senior Member

Kids toys get moved. Big things, I don't touch, not my job. Dog toys get moved too, birdbaths get dumped if they get fert in them, dog water bowls, etc. Trampolines, spray under and roll on.

EG

5. lawnboyCO

lawnboyCO LawnSite Member

Yeah I hate trampolines, but it is just an "everyday" part of the job, I just spray under them and when I'm doing granular I just push my spreader under them til it hits the tramp bar and shuts off my spreader, then go to the other side and do it. What I'm really getting sick of is those huge plastic toys for kids that when you pick them up they fall apart into like 4 pieces. Tennis balls and dog bones are getting quite annoying also.

6. Eclipse

Eclipse LawnSite Bronze Member

I agree I can't stand these things either :angry:

7. I used to move trampolines, but I stopped after someone pointed out a potential liability. If I move a trampoline and it comes apart during use and someone gets hurt, then regardless of the real reason it came apart, I could find myself on the receiving end of a lawsuit.

I will not move them anymore.

Kids toys, dog toys, dog dish's, little things I pick up and move off the lawn before I treat. That is just common sense.

8. ant

thanks for your posts....after reading them i came to the conclusion that most are made of mesh and you can just spray right through the top of them. The bouncy part. I have found that you need to go slightly slower though to account for the added splasha nd run-off from the spray that doesn't make it through the mesh.

9. ant

just kidding :)
    i pulled that from the original post....