Trampolines

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by CLARKE, May 17, 2001.

1. CLARKE

CLARKE LawnSite Member

Just wondering how many of you guys out there have
    trampolines in your customers back yards, And think
    that the only time the thing get used is when you
    move it each week out of the way to mow the lawn.
    I have three but last week 1 got broke so i only
    move 2 now.:(

2. casey

casey Guest

I have to move one every week.
    I don't move it back. The customer hasn't complained yet.

3. Administrator

Administrator Administrator

I pushed them out of the way with the ZTR. I hated those damn things!

4. oneEXMARKfan

oneEXMARKfan Banned

Wish you hadn't reminded me.....got to cut the 1 yard that has one tomm.(hate moving that thing)

5. the places i work at that have trampolines, the grass is usually dead in the center and those things are pretty darn big to move by yourself. so i just trim as far in as i can go with the string trimmer. whatever is left is usually dead anyways.

6. LJ lawn

LJ lawn LawnSite Senior Member
    from NJ

i have a lawn with one and i don't move it at all.

7. Mike (MLC)

Mike (MLC) LawnSite Member

I have a client that just got a trampoline. So, I had to end up moving it out of the way so I could mow around it. Hopefully the grass will die soon under it, so we can just leave it there.

8. MLS

MLS LawnSite Member

Here's an idea for those pesky trampolines. Sell the customer on the safety of sinking them in the ground. We have done several lately and its a great way to make some good quick money. All you do is mark the size of the circle bring in a backhoe and dig a hole about a foot deeper than the tramp is tall. Then put about eight inches of gravel in the bottom then put the tramp in the hole. You can also dress the sides with mulch to make a soft edge or you can just leave it as is. Now you have made the thing safer for the kids and you don't have to move it when you mow, plus put a good little chunk of change in your pocket. I have left out a few steps so let me know if anyone is interested and I'll post the rest.

9. Freetime

Freetime LawnSite Member

Yes sir, you are correct most do not get used at all and people just do not want to take them down even if the grand kids are twenty-five and haven’t use it in ten years.
    It’s like Christmas lights are for some people “ them thare lights is purdy, kinda makes tha skertn on the trailer lume neesant don it suger plum”
    :p

10. OBRYANMAINT

OBRYANMAINT LawnSite Senior Member

got two here ....i consider it another upper body workout......kinda....move then every week....sometimes socks too