1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Transaction Form for Equipment

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Weekend Warrior, Apr 13, 2005.

1. Weekend Warrior

Weekend Warrior LawnSite Member

Does anyone have a sample form I could use when I purchase a guy's equipment. Was looking for something like a contract that just says I paid for this equipment and now its legally mine. Thanks.
  2. dkeisala

dkeisala LawnSite Senior Member

Keep it simple. Make a list of the equipment purchase along with a brief statement such as "I "state your name" , also known as the "buyer", have purchased the following list of equipment from "state sellers name", also known as the "seller", for consideration in the amount of $x.xx. The seller releases any legal claim to the listed equipment and the buyer understands the equipment has been sold as-is with no warranty express or implied.

Sign it, date it and your done.
  3. MMLawn

MMLawn LawnSite Gold Member

Dude you are putting way too much thought into this. All you need as said is a simple Bill Of Sale or Receipt that states Mr. XX sales equipment blah, blah, Serial Numbers blah, blah to Mr. XX for $XXXX. Dated and signed. It can even be just hand written and perfectly legal. Heck if you buy new that's all you'll get.