transfer tank

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by Junior M, Jul 29, 2012.

1. Junior M

Junior M LawnSite Fanatic

I gotta short bed truck and wanna keep my toolbox..

So what would you recommend for a transfer tank and pump set up?

The past few days broke me of 5 gallon cans..
  2. JDz425

JDz425 LawnSite Member

My dad had a Diesel Fuel Transfer tank in his shortbed his was a L shape but the L would be facing the other way but anyway i dont rememeber how many gallons it could hold but he just put his toolbox right on top of that. there was still some bed room.
  3. nolatoolguy

nolatoolguy LawnSite Member
    from Midwest

4. tnmtn

tnmtn LawnSite Bronze Member
    from NE Tn.

I picked up one of the 15 gal. tanks from northern tool that looks like a compressed air tank. it's gravity feed so no need for a pump. what i like is that i can strap it in when needed and when it's empty it's easy to take out. it has a nozzle and valve that keep the fuel from flowing and enough hose to reach from the bed to the backhoe tank fill. some people mount them on the upper side of their bed similar to a compressor on a service truck.
  5. AEL

AEL LawnSite Bronze Member

i have an L shaped tank and i love it. holds about 400 litres worth. sets my tool box about 10-12" back as the top of the L sits at the front top of the box. I wont own a pickup without one.
  6. KrayzKajun

KrayzKajun LawnSite Fanatic

Thts the type of tank I'm looking to get for my dually. I've decided its time to get one since I have my truck,skidsteer and tractor that run on diesel.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  7. Junior M

is that in your Chevy?
  8. tnmtn

tnmtn LawnSite Bronze Member
    from NE Tn.

if your asking me about the Chevy Jr., I can move it from truck to truck wherever it's needed. Most of the time it rides in my little mazda truck with the tools. I have been using the little truck for most running around and trying to limit towing miles. 25mpg gas compared to 14mpg diesel has saved quite a bit of money.
  9. Junior M

I meant tss, sorry bout the confusion. Haha.
  10. Krafty

Krafty LawnSite Senior Member
    Male, from St. Louis MO

Try tank I have bought a few of the l shaped tanks. Don't get anything but the fil right pump.