1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Transfering SCAG Warranty Question??

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by PTOhioMower, Jan 24, 2006.

1. PTOhioMower

PTOhioMower LawnSite Member

Has anyone here sold a SCAG and have a warranty transfered to the new owner? Is this something you have to do through a dealer or directly through SCAG? Is it simple or a lot of paper work?

Im going to be calling my dealer in the morning, but would like to know what to expect. Sometimes dealers arnt very helpful unless youre putting money in their hand.

:waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving:
  2. ShieldsLandscaping

ShieldsLandscaping LawnSite Member

I bought one that was 2 years old.. If i may recall there are some parts that are waranteed for 3 years or something? Nope, I didn't get any of that, not even the manual got transferred lol. The dealer I got to doesn't normally have trouble selling used machines. If they are in decent shape they go for what he asks and only that. The one thing they do though is give you a hefty trade in value if you are buying something.
  3. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

I have yet to see any warranty on any mower that was "transferrable."

Yet I see "X amount of warranty left" advertised all the time.
    Most warranty statements plainly state the warranty is only valid to the original purchaser of new equipment.

The only thing you will get used with a warranty is a factory demo or a machine that is used but was never registered to the MFG as sold by the dealer.