1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Transferring from ads.lawnsite.com..............

Discussion in 'Questions, Rules, Suggestions' started by advantage landscaping, Mar 3, 2008.

1. advantage landscaping

advantage landscaping LawnSite Member

Over the past week or so, lawnsite seems to be slower and slower. Often I end up waiting 10-15 seconds for the page to load over T1 and T2 connections! The only difference that I notice is more and more ads creeping onto the right side.

Now let's get this strait. Ads let the site be here, keep it running, etc... I get it. But for some reason it seems like they are slowing the site down. I like seeing them and have checked out 75% I would say, but as more are added it seems like the site needs more and more time to load.

I also know that you guys were switching Lawnsite to another, newer server? Is this the reason for the slower and slower loading times?

And yes I did check from another computer, 2 actually, over two other different connections.... same kind of result from each.

Any clarification as to what's up? Those at Lawnsite - great job.... just wondering why.....

2. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

I just posted another thread on the same thing...It's getting real old - real fast. There is no way I am going to waste 10 minuts of my life just to view 40 posts (based on 15 seconds per loading - and actually, sometimes longer). People will just start pending more time on other sites.

3. DLCS

DLCS LawnSite Platinum Member

Ads, ads , ads and more ads. When Chuck created this site it wasn't about ads but about the green industry. New owners care only about profits. I have always defended lawnsite and changes they have made but this site has got so rediculous.