Transfilm Problems!!

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by lush&green, Apr 30, 2005.

1. lush&green

lush&green LawnSite Member

I am having problems with certain evergreens that we sprayed back in late October here in upstate NY. This is the second year I have had this problem. Basically certain plants that we sprayed have burned and died. The browning started to show late Feb. Problem plants are junipers, cypress, arborvitae, some Blue holly and some other evergreens. Major on yellow evergreens. No problems with rhododendron. We sprayed a 10% solution with lesco 100gal tank. No pesticides were ever used in the tank. Product was mixed and sprayed at the correct temps.The label states no where that these plants can not be sprayed. Unlike Vaporguards label. PBI rep did visit both years and last year it was attibutted to the cold winter. Uh huh. Damage generally on the east side. some plants all over. I have always sprayed these evergreens before having any problems. Another company had the same problem and it was due to a label change on Vaporguard label. So I was told. I am hearing some concerns about dormant oils that were sprayed in relation to damage as well. Not sure about that. But we did switch from spray oil 6 to damoil before the damage started. Although some plants that we planted early summer were also burned. If there was any herbicide in the containers it would have damaged everthing and probally sooner.

So, has anyone else had recent problems with transfilm? We have tried to think of every reason possible for this but with out any answers. Your thoughts. I have no pics at the moment but just imagine brown and not coming back with some green still on it.

2. christopher j kemp

christopher j kemp LawnSite Member

i know that you posted this 9 years ago, but we are experiencing plant burn with Damaoil. the container was contaminated but we did not know until this spring when evergreens started browning. the applications were made in october. has anyone had this problem?

3. christopher j kemp

christopher j kemp LawnSite Member

i know that you posted this 9 years ago, but we are experiencing plant burn with Damaoil. the container was contaminated but we did not know until this spring when evergreens started browning. the applications were made in october. has anyone had this problem?