Transformation

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by Smith Farms, May 14, 2008.

1. Smith Farms

Smith Farms LawnSite Member

I purchased this piece of land in May of 2006 and have contracted the tree removal, stump removal, house construction, and rough grading. I completed the final grading myself as well as the lawn installation and all plantings. I am probably halfway through with the plantings and I still have a lot of grass to plant. The grass is Bermuda and fescue. The last couple of pictures were taken in October of last year.

I am currently in the middle of a large deck/patio project and can post pictures of that in a few months.

I am not in the business and have been working on this during the evenings and weekends. ItÂ’s not finished so go easy on me.

1-1.jpg

1-2.jpg

1-3.jpg

3-1.jpg

3-2.jpg

2. Smith Farms

More to follow

4-1.jpg

4-2.jpg

6-1.jpg

6-2.jpg

7-1.jpg

3. Smith Farms

Last pictures for now...

9-1.jpg

9-2.jpg

9-5.jpg

9-6.jpg

9-7.jpg

4. Toad

Toad LawnSite Senior Member

Very nice there Mr. smith. Looks like your well established allready. I hope to do the same thing someday soon. Is this your retirement pad?

If you need some mulch theres a guy down your way that does alot of it, Chessnut Oaks!!! LOL

5. Chestnut Oaks Prez

Chestnut Oaks Prez LawnSite Senior Member

Big change there for sure SF. Looks good:) Pickins is a beautiful place anyway. Close to Clemson too:laugh:

6. Petr51488

Petr51488 LawnSite Silver Member
    from NJ

Very Nice. That would go for a couple million around here. Just one thing though, why didnt you go all the way up with the brick in the back rather then siding? I think it would look much better IMO.

7. Smith Farms

I am an admirer of Chestnut Oaks Prez work, it all looks topnotch. Last year I put out 48 yards of mulch and did not even get half way.

I'm a Clemson fan as well! Great work by the way!

I wish I could sell it for a couple of million, I would retire tomorrow. As for the brick on the back, I was already over 55,000 brick and that was way over my budget. I agree, it would have probably looked better.

8. Supper Grassy

Supper Grassy LawnSite Bronze Member

Nice Work

How many acres

9. Smith Farms

Thanks! 5.5. We cleared over 100 pine trees and stumps from 2.5 acres but only the trees on the other 3 acres.

10. Petr51488

Petr51488 LawnSite Silver Member
    from NJ

Oh yea.. I really like the driveway. If that were my house, it would have a 5 car garage in the back for cars/trucks/toys!