Transformer layouts

Discussion in 'Landscape Lighting' started by Pro-Scapes, Jan 11, 2008.

1. Pro-Scapes

Pro-Scapes LawnSite Platinum Member

This trans has about the cleanest layout I have ever seen. Your not limited to a certain controller. There are lights in the cabinets for working after dark when need be (see the LED's at the top) and there are no relays so its dimmable. Lot of other features as well.

Notice the bypass controls to turn the unit on. Primary and secondary breakers. I cant imagine why they didnt come up with something like this sooner. Anyone else find something real slick ? I know the iforce is pretty slick too.

magtranssmaller.jpg

2. pete scalia

pete scalia LawnSite Senior Member

Nice layout indeed.

What's behind that blue screen a Torroidal or coil and core?

I count 8 colored taps , what's it go up to 22V?

Is that 2 commons per circuit? I see 3 breakers so I'd assume it's a 900VA
    4 commons for 3 circuits? What give's?

Are those LED's below the breakers?

and what's those 3 things sticking out on the bottom side of the blue case

3. extlights

extlights LawnSite Senior Member

Hmmm....I do like that, but Pete has some good questions. I think those 3 things sticking out of the bottom of the blue case are the led's? Could be wrong, but that's what it looks like to me.

4. Pro-Scapes

Its torrid

Its not 22v... its 11.5 to 15v in half volt incriments. Sorry you cant see the pics clearly I had to compress it severly...600w model... there are 2 commons per circuit so its easier to put cables in. There are led indicators under the the breakers to indicate power on both secondaries and the primary. Thoes "things" sticking out are the led cabinet lights I mentioned and there is a toggle switch just below the breakers from that.

I assume even in lawnguyland you have had to work inside a trans after dark while balancing a flashlight or wearing one on your noggin!

This trans is 100% 1838 compliant not to mention its 100% field servicable. Dave drop me an email and I will send you more pics.

5. pete scalia

pete scalia LawnSite Senior Member

What about me Billy.

No pics for me?:confused:

6. Pro-Scapes

email me...................

7. INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting

INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting LawnSite Platinum Member

Billy. Since the unit is UL1838 "compliant" (but not yet listed right?) and it is a 600W transformer, then the reason that there are 2 commons "per circuit", as you put it, is not so that it is easier to wire up.... it is because you really have two 300w transformers inside there. This distinction is very important to understand when planning and using this type of transformer.

Regards.

8. Eden Lights

Eden Lights LawnSite Senior Member

There is something fishey about this thread, I smell a rat. Why the secrets? I would say Pete supplied these pics?

9. Pro-Scapes

what are you saying James ?

There is 2 common circuits on the 600w model and 2 connections per common. This is not like the Cast which adds a common to aid in distribution(which does come in really handy sometimes) but this simply adds a second connection point per common circuit. Its the same as wiring any other 600w toridial core you just dont have to cram a bunch of wires in a single common.

10. Pro-Scapes

that hurt eddie... i have never exchanged an email with pete nor recived pics from him. I have always cursed up and down wiring transformers. This is a new trans layout avalible to me and others who are interested. Nothing fishy about it. I just got sick of an inch of wiring room after I put my conduit in the knock outs. Im sorry you guys feel that way.