transformers - top choice

Discussion in 'Landscape Lighting' started by Turf Troll, Jul 30, 2007.

1. Turf Troll

Turf Troll LawnSite Member

What is your top choice for transformers ?,

Thanks

2. johnquest

johnquest LawnSite Member

3. NightScenes

NightScenes LawnSite Silver Member

The transformer that you are showing is an older style MDL unit that Kichler used to have and many companies still carry. MDL is top notch and I use the Kichler Pro and Contractor series models all of the time. They have just discontinued the Contractor units so I will have to go to using the pro series only or buy the Hadco unit which is also made by MDL.

4. klkanders

klkanders LawnSite Senior Member
    from Midwest

Hey Paul hows everything goin for ya? I mainly still use the Kichlers but also used a couple Unique for tight or direct burial applications.

5. INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting

INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting LawnSite Platinum Member

Nightscaping Powercenters and H3O Powercenters on every single job for the last 9 years. There is still no one else building a better transformer with more control options for the professional contractor then Nightscaping.

Never ever had even one problem with a Nightscaping Powercenter..... The Best.

6. NightScenes

NightScenes LawnSite Silver Member

Busy my friend. I'm hopping like a one legged man in a butt kicking contest!!

7. ccfree

ccfree LawnSite Member

Paul, I definately know of a place close to you where you can pick up Hadco transformers. Somewhere in Cedar Park TX. Just in case you were wondering

8. Bill S

Bill S LawnSite Member

I have only used Nightscaping powercenters in all my 1 jobs! Actually needed 3.... Compared against Hadco and liked the Nightscaping much better. Time will be the judge though.

9. INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting

INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting LawnSite Platinum Member

Don't Worry Bill S. Time will not judge the Nightscaping Powercenter harshly... They will just keep working and working and working. If you ever do have a problem, the things have a lifetime transferrable warranty. I have installed hundreds and hundreds of these and NEVER had one failure.

Enjoy.

10. Chris J

Chris J LawnSite Silver Member

Why does Nightscaping still use the old fashioned fuses? How do you guys get around checking a system if it has a direct short somewhere? Everytime you put a new fuse in, the thing is going to blow before you have a chance to amp probe any runs? Do you guys carry around a bag full of fuses for situations like this? Just curious.