1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Transformers

Discussion in 'Landscape Lighting' started by Alan B, Nov 30, 2010.

1. Alan B

Alan B Sponsor

I rec'd a call today from a contractor that said Hadco was switching from MDL as their supplier and Hadco would not have transformers in stock for several months until they finished their switch to a new manufacturer.

Please note this is what a contractor told me and I have not confirmed it (which is one of the reasons I am posting here to see if anyone else has heard the same). If you have any insight let us know.

The reason I think this is important is because it appears that MDL is in serious trouble and with MDL being the supplier for many manufacturers, a continued fall could have industry wide ramifications.

2. S&MLL

S&MLL LawnSite Senior Member

You should tweet this!

3. indylights

indylights LawnSite Member

I buy my lighting supplies from one of the larger irrigation supply chains in the midwest. Although I don't use Hadco, they sell Hadco. Called my rep today,who I have known for several years and have a great relationship with. They have heard nothing of this from Hadco. That doesn't mean is won't happen, but you would think they would know something. Realistically, how many suppliers are 6 bad months away from being in trouble right now? (More than you think). The lighting industry could probably benefit from a lot of the companies who just copycat cheaper and cheaper products to go away anyhow.

Scott Maloney
    Sunflower Landscapes