1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by DaveVB, Mar 15, 2004.

1. DaveVB

DaveVB LawnSite Member

Could a Z-Master 72" 25hp mower handle a transformer for running a leaf blower (the 210mph toro model)? If so what size would I need?
    Wanting to have my own generator handy rather than pulling the real thing behind me. Just a thought, castigation not necessary if it wouldn't work.
  2. ducky1

ducky1 LawnSite Senior Member

I think I would stick to a gas blower. I dont know alot about electric but I know that you have to have a generator running at a certain rpm for it to wqork right. something about the cycles not being right will toast whatever you are running.I also know that a generator will pull the rpms down when under a load. A good gas blower would be so much more handy I think.
  3. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

Are you talikng about an invertor? If you are then only for an extremley short time. Most 25s only put out 15 amps from the charging coil. By the time you invert that to 115 you've only got 1.8 amps or 207 watts (charging coil output 15 amps@14 volts) assuming 100% efficiency of the invertor. That's only enough for 3- 1/2 light bulbs. There are more watts available in the battery but an invertor is usually used on the premise that the charging coil can replace what the invertor is drawing from the battery.
  4. DaveVB

DaveVB LawnSite Member

Sounded like a fair idea, thanks for an informed reply.
  5. Doc Pete

Doc Pete LawnSite Gold Member

I'd look at used belt driven generator. Try ebay.