1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Transition Time Between Winter & Spring - What Do You Do?

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by JContracting, Mar 20, 2013.

1. weeze

weeze LawnSite Fanatic

i try to do all the things that you don't always have time for during the season. i go to the eye doctor, dentist, get a haircut, stock up on supplies, etc.

2. JContracting

JContracting LawnSite Bronze Member

I may just do that, I still have my eyes on a few commercial properties I'd like to possibly bid on, and Hedberg did send me some info on obtaining a commercial acct with them. The remaining letters w/ proposals are being typed up as o type this. All I have left besides that is to get a DOT inspection and then like I said about my graphics guy, then I'm good to go!
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. JContracting

Yes I know, I need to learn how to relax but its's not really me.*My dad is the exact same way, pretty rare he sits down & relaxes.
    I'd go down south to FL or TX to ride/race mx but I'm at the point where I'd rather put profits towards reinvesting rather than vacations.
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. ncknaklawns

ncknaklawns LawnSite Senior Member
    from NY

Research parts and availability, spend a lot of time reading Lawnsite, finances, taxes, get back in shape. Watch too much TV, clean up the shop, refinish furniture. Try not to drive anywhere to save gas....

5. 205mx

205mx LawnSite Silver Member

I've been in a weird state. Totally un organized. Not taking care of paperwork like I normally do. I don't know why. My mind says "I'm not even busy" when in reality I am
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. all ferris

all ferris LawnSite Bronze Member

I just chase the wife around the house till the weather warms up :laugh:

7. v6rs97

v6rs97 LawnSite Member

Bored as can be and renewals come in so slow

8. KG26

KG26 LawnSite Member

fighting with the GF

9. JContracting

I have agree with the slow renewals, I've had only one come back!

No gf/wife for me (no way I'd get married at 21 anyway), but a gf sounds like more trouble than its worth.
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. larryinalabama

larryinalabama LawnSite Fanatic

At 21 I had ......well a few gfs, at 48 I dont want one.