Translation Site

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by fga, Apr 12, 2004.

1. fga

fga LawnSite Silver Member

What's up? I got this site from Imact, its BABBLEFISH.COM . It's an excellent source for translating whole sentences into spanish, to communicate better with a new worker with...... little to no english comprehension.......

Impact,
    PM in the mail :) :) I checked out that site, that's a pretty cool feature. Alot better than the online dictionaries, going word by word. Is there only a trial for the free translations? I'm way to impatient to read all their fine print and pop ups.
    I was thinking of typing all the things I need to say, printing them out on small pieces of paper, then stapping them to my forearm........ you know, like a play book, you see on the forearm of quarterbacks. I'lll see him missing weeds in the beds..... go to the playbook, "usted perdiĆ³ algunos deshierban en la cama". Score. Thanks for the tip.

2. fga

!BUMP!

I've been using this site and copying pages down, i had a conversation today about the rain, and how the mower is not supposed to sink 3 inches.

3. sharpcutter

sharpcutter LawnSite Member

fga,

what parts of that site do you fing most helpful?? I noticed that the site lets you pick from several translating machines. I am still going thru it. Let me know. PM me if you want.

4. fga

Try this section.... http://www.babblefish.com/babblefish/language_webt.htm

I don't remember when I saved it to my favorites if I went to a specific page or not. PM me if the link doesn't work. There should be a box on the bottom of the screen, type your sentence, then push translate. MUCHO QUICKO

5. sharpcutter

sharpcutter LawnSite Member

thanks for the info.

6. fga

no problem! good luck.