Transmission release lever issue

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by cranesrule, May 31, 2006.

1. cranesrule

cranesrule LawnSite Member

Hello,
    Just brought my new Fastrak 20/52 home. While still at the dealer, I noticed that I could not pull the left transmission release lever back far enough to get the wide round part through the hole and lock it in place. The round part would come out flush with the hole, and is small enough to fit through, but there just is not enough length for it to reach. The other end is in the last possible hole on the lever attatched to the tranny. It is also very hard to move compared to the right lever. The dealer told me it would "break in", he couldn't get it to lock out either. Due to the distance of the dealer from my home, I went ahead and took delivery and will try to address the issue myself or through warranty. PJ, any ideas?

2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

I am wondering about this myself... I wonder if the lever may not be the correct length or bent incorrectly....
    E-mail me and I will have our customer service department look into this.

3. mike28nc

mike28nc LawnSite Member

I had the same problem. I can get it to kind of work but it does take about twice the effort then the right one.

Mike

4. Gudde1251

Gudde1251 LawnSite Member

I also have the same type of problems with my 05' 20/52 Fastrack.

It is very difficult to get either lever into the lock-out position. :usflag: ;)

John

5. tim10034

tim10034 LawnSite Member

sounds like i am not the only one with this issue also...bought mine in march 06