Transplanting plants ?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Dunn's, Apr 15, 2006.

1. Dunn's

Dunn's LawnSite Bronze Member

Hey does anyone know what kind of plant this is someone said it is a peony, but I want to make sure what it is before I do anything and if you know what kind how transplantable are they? Any help is appreciated!

2. Dunn's

how do you size images from your camera so they fit this site. I cant figure it out

3. sheshovel

sheshovel LawnSite Fanatic

You have to save them to your computer then use your photo program to resize to less than 800x800.
    You can find instructions in the Picture forum.I use my paintshop or my program that came with my camera to do it with.

4. Dunn's

ok so what Im doing is right but I keep having to cut off most of the picture

5. sheshovel

sheshovel LawnSite Fanatic

OK you don't want to cut or crop..you want to Re-size
    instead..that way you can keep the whole pic only smaller..see what I mean?

6. Kate Butler

Kate Butler LawnSite Senior Member

Goin' on faith here, but if it IS a peony...yes, it's transplantable. Dig DEEP and wide and get as much soil as possible with it. Peonies tend to sulk a year or two after transplanting - some won't flower at all for at least one year.

The older and more established it is, the deeper it will be in the ground. They seem to dig themselves deeper and deeper each season. I've dug really old ones that were all of 3' deep. They can have roots the size of your forearms, too.