Transportation

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Franco, Jun 25, 2004.

1. Franco

Franco LawnSite Member

Hey i just found this forum and it looks pretty helpful so I wanted to ask your opinions about something. Im just starting grass cutting and the money is really great. I am 15 years old and cutting yards in my subdivision, i have a push mower that i push around the neighborhood to get to my houses, the pushing isnt that bad, but i cant really leave the subdivison. Im saving money up but i dont know what i should buy first, as for now im using all of my dads equipment, he doesnt have a problem with that, but i dont know whether i should spend my money on better equipment or on a truck for when i turn 16 and can drive. What do you guys think?

2. NNJLandman

NNJLandman LawnSite Bronze Member

Go for a truck, who cares if you mow with a 21....you can mow n thats the main point, but if you can't get there. Invest in a truck, expand your service area, and with the money from that invest in a better mower. You can find some real deals. I found a Scag mower for $500.00, darn thing kicks butt. I took it to my local dealer to have some reg. maint. on it done and he said its in awesome condition, except for the paint thats chipping n what not. $500 for it, made that back and now making a profit, got a truck too thats almost paid off as well. Things are working out pretty well. Good Luck my man.

Jeff

3. Franco

Franco LawnSite Member

thanks for the help

4. EastProLawn

EastProLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

Yes, buy the truck first, everything else will fall into place after that.