Transporting a Stihl HT 131 Pole Pruner

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by Martin Lawn, Sep 7, 2007.

1. Martin Lawn

Martin Lawn LawnSite Member

Today I bit the bullet and purchase a Stihl HT 131 Pole Pruner for tree trimming jobs and I have a bit of a dilemma when it comes to transporting it. When it's fully collapsed it's about 8 ft long so it doesn't fit very well in the back of my 6' box with my tool box in there. I wrapped a ratchet strap around the middle of it which did okay but it still allowed the motor end to slide around in the pickup bed some. I wanted to know if anyone else had one on this site and if a single jungle jim trimmer holder would work to secure it mounted to the top rail of my trailer? It appears the handle is the same size as a trimmer handle and the pole end is the same diameter in one spot for the other mount. Thanks for any help...

2. lawnpro724

lawnpro724 LawnSite Silver Member

That's how I carry mine, in the trimmer racks and it works fine.

3. Martin Lawn

Martin Lawn LawnSite Member

Thanks for the reply...

4. carcrz

carcrz LawnSite Silver Member

I've got motor covers for all of my handhelds. It keeps them dry in the rain & keeps them from getting damaged from sliding a little in the truck. W/ my 131, I take a bungee & hook it around on the back stake pocket wrap it around a couple times.

5. cpel2004

cpel2004 LawnSite Bronze Member

Where do you get motor covers from?

6. carcrz

carcrz LawnSite Silver Member

I bought them online, but I can't remember the name. I'll look on Monday. I found some on ebay too in case you wanted to look at them.