1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Transporting an Ultra Vac

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by MDLawnman, Jun 3, 2006.

1. MDLawnman

MDLawnman LawnSite Member

I've purchased an enclosed trailer and I'm looking for some ideas on how to transport the heavy top of an Exmark Ultra Vac bagger system. I don't want to leave it on the machine as I don't use it every day. Is there a way that anyone knows of to mount it on a wall or some way to keep it handy and out of the way yet secure?

2. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

Yeah, they're a real beastly piece aren't they.

It's a two man operation to mount.

Maybe use some pulleys and rope and hoist it to the ceiling of your trailer/shop.

3. MDLawnman

That might work.

4. scott's turf

scott's turf LawnSite Senior Member
    from NH

Why remove it? They are a pain to keep putting back on.

5. MDLawnman

They can also cause alot of damage in a moment of carelessness or inattention. And don't tell me you've never bumped anything!

6. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

They're freakin' HUGE! Mine isn't on any longer than it needs to be.

7. scott's turf

scott's turf LawnSite Senior Member
    from NH

I only have a 52" lazer hp and we have always left the ultra vac rear portion on the machine. We do a mix of bagging and side discharge so it would be a pain to take it off all the time. I has ben backed into trees a few times but I have found it to be surprisingly rugged.

8. MDLawnman

Me too. But I'm not worried about the ruggedness of the Ultra Vac - I worry about what I "bump" with it. They'll really do a number on cars, trees, fences, gates, children :rolleyes: . . . .

9. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

The double bagger is no big deal. A LOT lighter and easier to maneuver. It's the tripple bagger that becomes a real hinderance.