Transporting mower from site to site

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Beckham, May 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

This is all I have to say. Quick, easy and secure.

[​IMG]

2. CreativeLawncareSolutions

CreativeLawncareSolutions LawnSite Silver Member

Never even considered tie downs. Waste of time IMO.

3. herler

herler LawnSite Fanatic

A perfect driving record running at least 10 years with neither citations nor accidents is a requirement, I'm not getting into everything that needs to be done in terms of how to drive proper but after the above post you would likely be a bad candidate, on that note I don't suppose drivers under 40 years old need consider.

Last edited: May 7, 2013
  4. GrassGuerilla

GrassGuerilla LawnSite Bronze Member

I can only hope that (god forbid) if you kill someone through your arrogant negligence the prosecuting attorney finds your willfull post here. And decides to ratchet up the charges based on that callousness.
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. CreativeLawncareSolutions

The trailer has sides. The wheels are chocked. The parking brake is on. They're not going any where. They literally do not move an inch. Never have. It's impossible for them to go over the sides. There is literally no reason at all for me to use tie downs. So, why would I? For fun?

6. orangemower

orangemower LawnSite Silver Member
    from pa

It does not matter if you have the equipment in a enclosed trailer or open trailer. They should be secured regardless.

7. CreativeLawncareSolutions

Better report me then. It's not going to happen. It's not needed. I'm not doing something that will waste my time and accomplish nothing.

8. orangemower

orangemower LawnSite Silver Member
    from pa

You are so full of yourself it's not even funny. It's "required" as a business owner and company to insure loads are secure on any type of truck or trailer. Just because YOU think it doesn't have to be secure is irrelevant. This is about as bad as you trying to tell us on here that you don't need a dust mask because there's never dust when you cut grass. :hammerhead:

9. smokenjoe_10

smokenjoe_10 LawnSite Member

No straps when they are in my enclosed. Open trailer 2 straps per mower.

10. gcbailey

gcbailey LawnSite Silver Member
    from WV

all I can say is if this wasn't strapped in, it could have been a whole lot worse... Luckily a broken back was the worst part of it. The straps snapped when the trailer jackknifed when the truck when through the house. As to the cause of the wreck, the parking pawl on the transmission sheared off causing the parking break not to be able to hold the truck.

Yes, the truck was scotched properly, but it was parked on an incline and whenever the guy removed the chock (after everything was loaded) something snapped. The insurance company did the investigation after the fact and said that they have saw several Chevy's have transmission failures of that type.

P1010516 (Large).jpg

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.