1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Transporting Mulch Around Yards

Discussion in 'Landscape Maintenance' started by Jays Green Daze Landscape, Jan 20, 2010.

1. Jays Green Daze Landscape

Jays Green Daze Landscape LawnSite Member

How do guys transport mulch through yards from the drive to the back other than wheelbarrows. I was thinking of buying some kind of cart that I could bolt to a 60" Exmark but not sure if they even make such a thing let alone where to buy it. Any advice will be appreciated.
  2. Jays Green Daze Landscape

Jays Green Daze Landscape LawnSite Member

Haha....I just saw the post entitled "Onsite Mulch Transport" talking about this exact same question. For some reason when I did a search on this topic I must have skipped over it. Mods please delete this posting
  3. clean_cut

clean_cut LawnSite Bronze Member

Yeah, I was about to say, wasn't there just a post about this? Did you find all that you needed.
  4. Crash

Crash LawnSite Member

Wheelbarrows and hard workers.
  5. starscream

starscream LawnSite Member

I can't think of anything easier than wheelbarrows, If it ain't broke....

Portland Landscape

IRRITECH LawnSite Senior Member

You should qualify that statement.

"Wheelbarrows and Mexicans"
  7. stevenf

stevenf LawnSite Bronze Member

8. White Gardens

White Gardens LawnSite Fanatic

There was one thread on here where a guy modified a walk-behind toro. He kept the sulky and mounted a large wheel-barrow tub on it. Looked pretty slick and I'm thinking about trying to make one.
  9. Barefoot James

Barefoot James LawnSite Senior Member

Ventrac tractors with a slip scoop - cuts time by 2/3. Saves your back too.
    Big job we do each year used to take 60 man hours and 3 very tired dudes (with aching backs) after 2 days - last year took 3 guys 21 man hours in one day and all 2 guys did was rake/spread and I drove the ventrac - very easy day. Any small tractor with a slip scoop would work, but Ventracs have turf tires so they are much easier on the lawn.
  10. White Gardens

White Gardens LawnSite Fanatic

That is my only concern when it comes to machines. Depending on the situation of course.

Basically there is a fine line between throwing mulch to help the landscape and then hurting the lawn.