1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Transporting mulch

Discussion in 'Landscape Maintenance' started by Star Landscapes, Mar 5, 2012.

1. Star Landscapes

Star Landscapes LawnSite Member

Any information on suppliers for a light weight tarp or covering for mulch during transport.

2. Glenn Lawn Care

Glenn Lawn Care LawnSite Silver Member

Try a Tractor Supply Co. If you you have one near you or Northern Tool and Equipment. That's were I get most of my miscellaneous stuff from.
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. Star Landscapes

Thanks for the reply

I can only find plastic type tarps locally. Looking for one that may be a little more mesh like. Maybe one that could double as a cover to transport trees with leaves to cut down on wind damage.

4. GQLL

GQLL LawnSite Senior Member

5. Glenn Lawn Care

Glenn Lawn Care LawnSite Silver Member

I have both a Tactor Supply and a Northern Tool near me and they have both. My local greenhouse sells them to for a much higher price.
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. LawnMan19

LawnMan19 LawnSite Gold Member

7. Star Landscapes

Thanks glen lawn care. I printed off the site you posted and they have just the size I need.

8. NC Greenscaper

NC Greenscaper LawnSite Senior Member

Try mytarp.com

9. asllct

asllct LawnSite Member

Try going to harbor freight, they have a bunch of different sizes of mesh tarps. I picked one up the top of my leaf box this past fall. pretty cheap but nice and durable.