1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Transporting your z spray or t3000

Discussion in 'Fertilizer Application' started by cdqat1432, Feb 9, 2013.

1. cdqat1432

cdqat1432 LawnSite Member
    Male, from Youngstown, Ohio

I need to buy a rider this year. Should I get a small trailer that is useful for other things or one of those smart z spray trailers that is more manuverable?

2. CHARLES CUE

CHARLES CUE LawnSite Silver Member

I would go with a carrier rack I would not want to pull a trailer all over just to haul a small mechine on

Don't know any thing about the Z trailer but you don;t here a lot about them so they can't be that great

Good luck
    Charles Cue

3. countryclublawnllc

countryclublawnllc LawnSite Member

I use a small trailer for hauling and its really not a problem. I am going to throw on a spring loaded pin lock that you pull the castor wheel into and it is locked in place.

4. CHARLES CUE

From your post you have a Z spray so a carrier rack is out / on 97% of my job that would work

But the other 3% a trailer is a tough with narrow roads 1.5 lane you have to park in the drive way / long drive ways that there is no place to turn a trailer or a truck you have to back out on to the hiway / Small dead end roads with no place to turn a trailer

But i have lots that you just drive around the block to get out

Charles Cue

5. cdqat1432

cdqat1432 LawnSite Member
    Male, from Youngstown, Ohio

Thanks, Charles. That's probably what I'll do.

6. countryclublawnllc

countryclublawnllc LawnSite Member

Very true Charles the long backup on a skinny drive way can be tough!

John

7. turfcobob

turfcobob LawnSite Senior Member

Take a look at the carrier B & B Tech makes in Nebraska. I had one for two years and put thousands of miles on it showing the T3000. It is a strong carrier that really locks the Applicator into place. Takes seconds to load and unload.

see it at

http://b-btech.com/

If you call them ask for Bill

If you have questions about the T3000 you can call me 520-836-8162

8. Service 1st Lawn Care

Service 1st Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

If you have questions about the LT Rich Junior 36R call Andy 765-482-2040

9. ted putnam

ted putnam LawnSite Platinum Member

Good to see you post again Bob. It's been a while. This season I'm going to try to wear out that fine aerator I bought from y'all last year. The drought kinda put a damper(no pun intended) on last years aerations.

I think Rayholio had some trouble with his B&B carrier but I'm sure they are fine for the typical LCO. We have about the same type area as Charles but I personally would rather deal with the inconvenience of a trailer 3% of the time than have all that weight on the rear end of my trucks. Just a personal preference.

10. CHARLES CUE

I understand your though on the wight on the back of the truck but i would say that most trucks with a trailer have just as much tounge as i do with a carrier and my T3000 on it after running this for 3 years there is no harm to the truck

I think that Ray has bad luck with a lot of thing :laugh:

Good morning Bob hope the world is being good to you

Charles Cue