Trash Bags

Discussion in 'Landscape Maintenance' started by greenchoppers, Feb 21, 2011.

1. greenchoppers

greenchoppers LawnSite Member

Hello Forum,

We really like the 7-Mil thick bags aka contractor bags but this gets quite expensive after a while of doing clean ups and/or leaf removals. We have been purchasing those from Lowe's, Home Depot, or other hardware store for like $18 for 80 or so bags.

So, I was wandering what do you all use for heavy duty trash bags and where do you purchase them?

Thanks.

2. 93Chevy

93Chevy LawnSite Fanatic

I don't use trash bags for cleanups, but I buy 8mil drum liners for the cans in my shop.

3. grasscutter24

grasscutter24 LawnSite Member

I don't use trash bags for clean-ups either. Takes more time to stuff inside them instead of just throwing it in truck.

4. gasracer

gasracer LawnSite Bronze Member

I want to know where you find 8-mil thick bags? I use 3 mil. and does pretty good.

5. greenchoppers

Sorry, it is the 3 mil thick bags we are using. Anyone know where to buy in bulk?

6. 93Chevy

93Chevy LawnSite Fanatic

I meant 3 mil as well.

7. gasracer

gasracer LawnSite Bronze Member

Industrial supply companies carry them in 50 count boxes.

8. Exact Rototilling

Exact Rototilling LawnSite Fanatic

Trash bags too much of a struggle fest - fiddle factor IMO. I use 6' x 6' burlap squares - tie up the four corner works well reuse. I also keep 2-3 96 gallon trash cans with wheels in trailer the kind for curbside pickup - anything weedy or thorny goes in those. Fast and handy.

If your going to leave them at a clients for pick up different story. Use the slider sleeve things to keep them in place. Forgot what they are called ..never used them. But from what I saw of them takes some of the struggle factor out of it. Or maybe a trash can for support.

9. CALandscapes

CALandscapes LawnSite Senior Member

Either throw directly into the truck / trailer or re-use empty mulch bags. Those 50 cent trash bags are too expensive.

10. greenchoppers

That is a good idea. Didn't think about that. Thanks!