Trash Bags

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by ABY, Feb 11, 2003.

1. ABY

ABY LawnSite Member

Any idea where to find a good deal on trash bags? I buy mine at Home Depot. They are 3 mil and 42 gallons. I believe 30 come to a box and they cost about $10. I have tried bags that are 1 and 2 mil and they do not work for us. I go to Home Depot once a month to buy trash bags. I know it would be cheaper to find a good price and buy a year's supply upfront.

2. kaufmaninc

kaufmaninc LawnSite Member

Go to your local Janitorial Supply house. They have 33, 44, 55, 60 gallon sizes in many different thickness'. # mil will be the thickest you'll get. What are you putting in them? If grass, I'd look to high Density say 22-24 microns. they are stronger than your 3 mil but don't hold up with sharp objects.
    good luck

3. bob

bob LawnSite Platinum Member
    from DE

Believe it or not I found a great place in the Yelow Pages of my local phone book. I change the trash bags , in the public trash cans,every week at a shopping center that I maintain.

4. lawncare3

lawncare3 LawnSite Bronze Member

I don't know if this is a nationalk chain or I just have it by me but, there is a place called PLASTIC BAG MART and it has really good deals on every bag from trash bags to door hangers.

5. PR0 TURF

PR0 TURF LawnSite Bronze Member

Do a search on eBay...they have everything there...

:blob3:

6. Tim Canavan

Tim Canavan LawnSite Member
    from Houston

I get mine at Sam's. 90 - 42 gallon bags for under $10.00. Hold up great for leaves and grass.

7. I get mine from an industrial supply place , i do the garbage at one of my ball diamonds they are really strong and they fit 55 gallon drums really easy.

8. Gravely_Man

Gravely_Man LawnSite Silver Member

I have get my from a local janitorial supply house. Check your local phone book.

Gravely_Man

9. crawdad

crawdad LawnSite Bronze Member

http://www.bagmart.com/index.phtml

Thanks,lawncare3
    Crawdad

10. BB36

BB36 LawnSite Member

I get the same 90 count / $10.00 from Sams Store that Tim gets. I been using these for leaves / grass/ pine cones etc. for about 3-4 yrs. Best price i've found.