1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Trash Bags

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by ABY, Feb 11, 2003.

1. ABY

ABY LawnSite Member

Any idea where to find a good deal on trash bags? I buy mine at Home Depot. They are 3 mil and 42 gallons. I believe 30 come to a box and they cost about $10. I have tried bags that are 1 and 2 mil and they do not work for us. I go to Home Depot once a month to buy trash bags. I know it would be cheaper to find a good price and buy a year's supply upfront.

2. kaufmaninc

kaufmaninc LawnSite Member

Go to your local Janitorial Supply house. They have 33, 44, 55, 60 gallon sizes in many different thickness'. # mil will be the thickest you'll get. What are you putting in them? If grass, I'd look to high Density say 22-24 microns. they are stronger than your 3 mil but don't hold up with sharp objects.
    good luck

3. bob

bob LawnSite Platinum Member
    from DE

Believe it or not I found a great place in the Yelow Pages of my local phone book. I change the trash bags , in the public trash cans,every week at a shopping center that I maintain.

4. lawncare3

lawncare3 LawnSite Bronze Member

I don't know if this is a nationalk chain or I just have it by me but, there is a place called PLASTIC BAG MART and it has really good deals on every bag from trash bags to door hangers.

5. PR0 TURF

PR0 TURF LawnSite Bronze Member

Do a search on eBay...they have everything there...

:blob3:

6. Tim Canavan

Tim Canavan LawnSite Member
    from Houston

I get mine at Sam's. 90 - 42 gallon bags for under $10.00. Hold up great for leaves and grass.

7. I get mine from an industrial supply place , i do the garbage at one of my ball diamonds they are really strong and they fit 55 gallon drums really easy.

8. Gravely_Man

Gravely_Man LawnSite Silver Member

I have get my from a local janitorial supply house. Check your local phone book.

Gravely_Man

9. crawdad

crawdad LawnSite Bronze Member

http://www.bagmart.com/index.phtml

Thanks,lawncare3
    Crawdad

10. BB36

BB36 LawnSite Member

I get the same 90 count / $10.00 from Sams Store that Tim gets. I been using these for leaves / grass/ pine cones etc. for about 3-4 yrs. Best price i've found.