1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Trash can mounted on you wb with leaf bags

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by LCME, Oct 26, 2004.

1. LCME

LCME LawnSite Senior Member

I was brain storming the other day. Figuring a way to secure a 32 gal trash can to the front of my w/b mower. I took a 1x6 board and laid it along the front. Then, placed a 3/4 inch piece of plywood on top for a base to mount the trash can. Then, I clamp and bolt secure. Set the can on top. Used bungees to hold the can. Placed the leaf bag inside the can with the leaf bag liner. Now while I mow I can empty my catcher on the spot without looking for the leaf bags. Once full just change the leaf bag for another and keep mowing. After I'm done pick-up the bags and haul away. Has any one used this method/system with a similar set-up. If so, what are your set-ups. And, does this work efficiently for you?.
  2. KathysLGC

KathysLGC LawnSite Bronze Member

I would suppose if you had to bag a yard you could use a catcher and when it gets full dump it into the bag then continue until the bag was full, then take the bag out, put a new one in and go at it again. When your all done go back and drag all the bags to the curb or where evey they need to be.
  3. LCME

For now this is my leaf removal system. Attempting to save as much time as I can. Any other suggestions are welcome. Thanks, LCME
  4. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

Go to TracVac's website and look for model 470. I have 4 of these types that mount on the front of our WB's. And the rubbermaid collection container btw is 44 gallons (bigger than your 32).
  5. Dixie Cutters

Dixie Cutters LawnSite Member

Yes, Trac-Vac makes one, but it is $1500 for the 5.5 B&S Engine (Cheapest One). So you're better off making your own.
  6. LCME

Yeah, for $1500 I would rather get a wb blower like little wonder 11 hp honda or something like it.

I do not have enough customers yet to invest in trac-vac. So, the bag and dump is okay for this year. But, next year if more customers require leaf removal them I will invest in a better leaf removal system.
  7. gogetter

gogetter Banned

Isn't that what he just said??????? :alien:

By the way LCME, be careful when dumping the bagger into the can, your HOT muffler is right there! :blob2:
  8. LCME

I did not even think of that. Thanks much for pointing the hot muffler + leaf debris = fire! or maybe you meant, do not burn yourself. Anyway thanks again, LCME
  9. specialtylc

specialtylc LawnSite Bronze Member

We have a Hustler 37 WB that we just set the 44 gal can on the deck to transport it when its full. And we even continue to mow with it setting there. We can hang the can on the parking brake handle to carry when its empty.
  10. LCME

Auh! I should of use a 44 not 32 gal can. Now I have to modify the design. Back to the drawing board. :dizzy: