Trash Pickup Tool

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by doctordun, Aug 21, 2007.

1. doctordun

doctordun LawnSite Member
    from Texas

Is this something I should get?
    What's the best tool to pickup trash without having to get off your mower? Is there a "best" brand?
  2. Jusmowin

Jusmowin LawnSite Senior Member

You can find them on ebay or any big box store or even at your local mower dealer. I have 3, one for the house, shop, and mounted to my Z. Dont leave home without it:)
  3. deere615

deere615 LawnSite Fanatic

I work at my uncles flea market alot and we always have to pick up trash in the lot. We use the sticks with the grabber things on the end you can get every where. We got ours from Trader Horn. Be sure to get the ones with the little rubber gromets on the end and not the little rubber suction cups on the end they suck! Just my opinion
  4. All_Toro_4ME

All_Toro_4ME LawnSite Bronze Member

You also could make one for pretty cheap. Use a mop stick and put a long a$$ screw in the end of it. When you come across trash while on your Z, just stab the trash with your homemade device, drop it in your bucket or leave it on the screw and go about your way.
  5. varybarry

varybarry LawnSite Member

Yeah I like the stabbing ones better. It takes less time than stopping and grabbing the trash.
  6. DiyDave

DiyDave LawnSite Bronze Member

Is the one I have stuck by. It is made of aluminum, with suction cups attached to the bottom jaws, allows you to pick up a variety of objects, from as thin and light as a dollar bill to as heavy as a 4 lb brick. You can also get it in a variety of lengths, and it is sold by numerous catalog companies, some lawn equipment dealers even sell them too. And its made in America.:usflag:
  7. regl

regl LawnSite Member

It's tough to get those beer bottles though.
  8. cutbetterthanyou

cutbetterthanyou LawnSite Bronze Member

a bagger and run over it
  9. doctordun

doctordun LawnSite Member
    from Texas

What length would you recommend when riding a ZTR?
  10. DiyDave

DiyDave LawnSite Bronze Member

Lets see if I can write this with no double entendre's. Depends on how tall you are. I'm 6' tall and I use a 40" or 42" long one. I also mounted a bracket on the ztr to keep it handy, yet out of the way. There, I did it, that wasn't so hard after all!:laugh: :laugh: