trash removal

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by sparcolawn, Jan 17, 2005.

1. sparcolawn

sparcolawn LawnSite Member
    from IN

Does anyone out there do trash removal for their commercial accounts? If so give me a price of what you would charge for this......

A mid-sized plaza with a movie theatre, there are a total of 6 50 gal. drums that need to be emptied once a week (early sunday mornings) we buy the bags obviously, and throw them in dumpsters behind the building. Along with the trash removal, the walkways all get blown off as needed. It takes about 30 minutes from pulling in to pulling out and its about a 7 minute drive from my house.
  2. impactlandscaping

impactlandscaping LawnSite Silver Member

If it takes 30 mins, plus drive time, figure your hourly rate you want and apply it. Also cover the costs of bags(we use 55 gal drum liners @ 33.00 per 100 in 2.1 mil thickness) and the actual way to dispose of the bags: are you driving the truck around the lot? Carrying each bag? Golf cart, etc?? Figure on extras like bags filled beyond capacity, broken bags, cans knocked over by vandals, wind, cars, etc..Set the contract according to what you will and will not do for XX$$, anything else is an extra charge. I would charge a minimum of one man hour per man(I'm assuming you are using a helper), so 2 man hours labor, plus figure in the cost of the bags for a month(24-30 bags) and add a markup cost to cover bags, etc..., and submit the price as a package deal: sidewalks blown as needed, cans changed, and misc. litter removal around the cans for $ ____ per week or $___per month..