Trash, trash, pickin it up...

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by eggy, Mar 31, 2001.

1. eggy

eggy LawnSite Senior Member

Do any of you ever feel like a trash man at some of your commercial accounts? I do belive several of mine did nothing over the winter in means of picking up trash from the turf areas. I guess its not there job...its ours trash/lawn guys.

2. lee b

lee b LawnSite Fanatic

Absolutely, Lee's Lawn and Trash Pick-Up Service. Last Saturday I picked up 9 - 33 gallon bags full at my largest account, it usually averages at least 5 bags, and this is just trash.Trash is the worst part of commercials.

3. cajuncutter

cajuncutter LawnSite Senior Member

I have the same problem. On some of my properties in the porr part of town there are always those nice hidden beer bottles. We usually get them all before mowing but there is that ocasional one that gets past us :(.Not good for the tires or blades!!

4. EROSS17

EROSS17 LawnSite Member

Yeah, we have the same problem with some of our commercials. If it's alot, we charge.

5. eggy

eggy LawnSite Senior Member

I just bid on a truck stop that was loaded with trash, the manager recieved the bid and asked why it was so high in regards to the others...well the trash pick up from the turf was my answer, he said my employees handle that, hmm when I walked the grounds it was loaded with trash, hard to belive they do that. For some reason I belive that one of the other bids will just cut over it! Ohh well...we dont do buisness like that.