Trash

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by derekseger, Sep 6, 2004.

1. derekseger

derekseger LawnSite Member

What do you do with trash, pick it up, mow it over, and if you pick it up do you charge extra? Let me know :blob3:

2. gene gls

gene gls LawnSite Gold Member

I don't take jobs in "trash" areas. I try to pick up all trash on my properties rather than mowing over it. No extra charge as there is very little.

Gene

3. twwlawn

twwlawn LawnSite Senior Member

I have properties that are near shopping area's and customer's ask for trash pick up, the cost is added in. In the spring and fall, trash is not a factor since I'm bagging.

4. HighGrass

HighGrass LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Z5 MA

It depends. Most of the time I just pcik it up. I don't work in "trash areas" either but occasionally a loose bag or whatever is on the lawn. I don't pick up plastic bottles...hey you gotta have some fun once in a while!

5. PR Fect

PR Fect LawnSite Bronze Member

We have a few lawns that we walk first, every time we mow! Apartments. Trash, Sticks, Kids Toys, Pine cones. It all gets picked up and put in their dumpster before a mower starts. Cig butts stay, but if there was a way to get them easy we would. Our lawns are clean after we mow. No chewed up confetti. It all it in our bid price.

6. mbricker

mbricker LawnSite Senior Member

Nuthin' says "scrub" like trash chopped up and blown all over the property.

7. Jimmyed

Jimmyed LawnSite Member
    from IN

we do one large shopping center, we walk it everysingle time. usually get 4-5 5 gallon buckets full.

we also sweep the lots at night so that keeps some of it out of the grass.

everything we mow gets walked first every time.

8. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

Most of the time I will pick up the trash or blow it out of the way with the discharge chute. If its a small piece of plastic, like that on the outside of a ciggarette pack, it gets mowed over, but the smallest piece of tissue gets pick up.

9. Pecker

Pecker LawnSite Bronze Member

I will pick up alot of stuff, but not tissue! Gross!

10. CamLand

CamLand LawnSite Bronze Member

We have plastic grocery bags on machines for the trash pick up,we cut a couple business in Detroit and i swear they just toss trash out the windows.These properties we wear rubber gloves to pick up trash,we have picked up lots of trash including syringes w/needles still attached...