trashman took one of my saw

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by DBL, Sep 9, 2007.

1. DBL

DBL LawnSite Silver Member

this happened on like Wednesday but im just remembering it all and this is pretty much just a rant but we had line up about 6 tree removal jobs and got them all for the past two weeks well were at the second to last one with was about 95' tall over the house and between two power lines a little tight but we had a lift there but anyway two of us are up in the lift cutting sections and they drop and the 3 ground guys chop them up put some in the wood pile by the street and take the rest to the chipper well they had the saw on the wood pile next to the truck and were waiting for the next limb to come down when the trashman comes by takes the trash can on the other side of the driveway and then takes the saw off the pile and crushes it in his truck and leaves the ground guys chased him down and they said it "looked like trash...sorry" well that was a 044 stihl saw almost $800 thats not good enough for me i got a police report but no one from the trash company will return my calls i have 3 saws but this is a set back and it has taken a lot of my time and im getting annoyed

2. deere615

deere615 LawnSite Fanatic

Dang that sucks! Stihl are great saws. I hope everything works out for ya

3. DoetschOutdoor

DoetschOutdoor LawnSite Bronze Member
    from S. IL

Dang, I was reading and reading looking for a period but it just wasnt there...sucks man but at least your guys saw it. Could have been worse.

4. mojob

mojob LawnSite Senior Member

Send them a certified letter saying that you intend on taking them to small claims court. That will probably get their attention.

5. DBL

you still understood it. didnt you?

6. DBL

some called me today asking for a receipt for the saw. i know i still have it but i have so many of them to go through. they said theyd work with me on it so well see. i told them i dont want to go to court and he said they dont either i just want another saw

7. deere615

deere615 LawnSite Fanatic

Ya I understood it

8. Dirt Digger2

Dirt Digger2 LawnSite Silver Member
    from PA

man Tom you come on here to b*tch and moan and all you get is crap...haha..so the moral of the story is stop b*tching...that sucks though, i wouldn't doubt it was probably a borough trash truck?...or Allied, they're pretty bad too...if thats the case go down to their office in Jennersville and talk to them in person

9. DBL

yup allied waste and i guess no one has any sympathy for me

10. Frontier-Lawn

Frontier-Lawn LawnSite Silver Member

could be worse it could have been waste management