Traveling one mile...

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by ALarsh, Apr 9, 2005.

1. ALarsh

ALarsh LawnSite Silver Member
    from Midwest

I have a Toro Z557 and I was checking to see if it is ok for the hydros/hydro fluid to drive one mile non-stop?

2. Mark McC

Mark McC LawnSite Bronze Member

Why wouldn't it be?

3. ALarsh

from Midwest

I wasn't sure if the hydro fluids get too hot or something. I travel one mile, cut the grass (3/4-1 acre) and travel another mile back.

4. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

My truck broke down a couple years ago. I had to drive the Walker to Pep Boys 1/2 mile away. Got back and truck still not working. Made the drive again to get an ignition module (which worked) and never had any problems with mower hydros.

5. grass-scapes

grass-scapes LawnSite Bronze Member

I could have walked faster than my walker would go....LOL

6. traman

traman LawnSite Senior Member

should be fine ,cutting 1 acre of grass with a 72 inch mower is traveling about 3 miles ,and thats with blades on and constantly changing speeds and producing more heat, just cruising down the road is a cake walk for a mower

7. ALarsh

from Midwest

Ok, Thanks for the answers. I didn't want to mess up the hydros by traveling one mile on a normal basis.

8. mikeyshane331

mikeyshane331 LawnSite Member

the only thing i would worry about is if you are driving this mile a lot, is tires wearing out faster, but other than that i don't see a problem.

9. lawnandplow42

lawnandplow42 LawnSite Senior Member

i used to do this, and no problems at all.

10. spoolinaround

spoolinaround LawnSite Senior Member

I broke a Ujoint in my dakota on the freeway and I just unloaded the Deere and pulled the rig a little more then 2 miles to get off the freeway and to Tuffy at the end of the offramp, never a issue