travertine (end of season pics)

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by cedarcroft, Nov 27, 2007.

1. cedarcroft

cedarcroft LawnSite Senior Member

we are winding down and this is a job we are finishing up. small yard and we designed the pool, sheer descent waterfalls and paved over the rest of the yard with Travertine. looks pretty cool IMO.

feder 11 21 07 (18) (Small).JPG

feder 11 21 07 (13) (Small).JPG

feder 11 21 07 (22) (Medium).JPG

2. neversatisfiedj

neversatisfiedj LawnSite Bronze Member

Very nice.

3. mrusk

mrusk LawnSite Gold Member

Cedar- I met your boss when i was in vegas two weeks ago. Seems like he defiently has his stuff together.

4. Dirty Water

Dirty Water LawnSite Fanatic

You've got sprayheads on risers in a bed that is 2' wide?

How exactly do you think those will cover without overspray?

Thats a prime candidate for drip.

5. mrusk

mrusk LawnSite Gold Member

Good eye. I will not warranty plant material unless drip irrigation is installed in the beds by my irrigation sub.

6. neversatisfiedj

neversatisfiedj LawnSite Bronze Member

Looks like wet concrete around the edges ?

7. paponte

paponte LawnSite Silver Member

Cha-ching!! Gotta love travertine!!

Hey, do you guys ever run into any problems with chlorine on your veneer work?

8. cedarcroft

re: irrigation. The homeowner got prices from 3 of our irrigation subs and decided to go with his wifes cousin. we are not warranteeing anything due to that fact. Any decent irrigation guy would use drip lines in there and would actually know what that was. her cousin is a city fireman who does sprinklers on the side!
    re: chlorine on veneer. I will let you know next summer!
    Re: boss having his things together...yes he does. runs a good business and I am learning more than I ever would have working for myself. I was limiting myself with my own biz and I see alot more technical stuff than I would have ever thought of. we do alot of pool design and related construction and it is never ending knowledge. I like it.

9. paponte

paponte LawnSite Silver Member

I've gotta ask too, thought it was my eye on the laptop but now that I'm on my desktop... whats with the backside of the walkway alone the bed? Is there an indent in the middle of it or is that the camera?

10. cedarcroft

the pool is not square and the only way to make the large areas of the patio work was to make that indent. I am hoping that it won't be too noticable once the plants are in