1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

treated lawn, signs run over update + pic

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by americanlawn, Aug 20, 2007.

1. americanlawn

americanlawn LawnSite Fanatic
    from midwest

I posted pics 3 weeks ago of my lawn (vehicles parked on it illegally) that was treated less than 24 hours before cars, trucks, SUV's ran over my posted lawn signs. Yet it didn't stop inconsiderate _____'s from driving and parking on my lawn. They crushed down & broke off these pesticide signs before the 24-hour rule expired (a state enforced pesticide law). Okay.....so it's NOT enforced...???

"Locals" rent out the Fire Station for special events (weddings, etc), but when the parking lots fill up, they park in no parking areas (my lawn). Polk County Sheriffs NEVER enforce it ??? (I've called them several times)

The county guys are doing their best now in order to prevent _____'s from breaking the law (State Pesticide regulations as well as county no parking laws). So here's a pic taken ten minutes ago. All these flags,etc are merely for one thing...a new "no parking" sign. Your taxes at work here.

Next time this happens, I'm gunna pull in the State Pesticide boys. I will take pics of liscense plates too. The State guys don't mess around!

no parking.jpg
  2. MJS

MJS LawnSite Bronze Member

Yikes! :hammerhead: Sounds like a rough time. It does stink when "official" guys turn and look the other way.
  3. lawnspecialties

lawnspecialties LawnSite Silver Member

I'm telling you, reseed with roofing nails!:angry:
  4. ACutAboveNC

ACutAboveNC LawnSite Member

I have a customer with a speed hump next to her yard and I installed a 2x4 with nails at the edge to deter anyone who is to lazy to drive over the hump like a sane driver
  5. americanlawn

from midwest

Reseed with roofing nails.......now THAT was a good one! LOL

I'll post a pic of the new sign once it's installed. Keep in mind it might take a few months.........you all know how the county boys work. LOL
  6. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Couldn't you have just put down some 20 to 24" rocks to put down every 6 ft. or so?
  7. phopkins

phopkins LawnSite Member

Allow a towing company to put up a sign to tow any violators! Works well for us and the towing company assumes all the liability once they touch the cars.
  8. turfsolutions

turfsolutions LawnSite Senior Member

Thats what I would do. Looks better than a bunch of no parking signs.
  9. americanlawn

from midwest

Here's the new sign. It was installed last Thursday.

I still like the idea of seeding with roofing nails, cuz this sign will make no difference whatsoever.

At least I'm keeping our government workers employed. :rolleyes:

new parking sign.jpg
  10. carcrz

carcrz LawnSite Silver Member

Just keep some cones handy for those days & put them out front when people start showing up. Maybe that'll solve the problem.