Treating very large area's

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by MrBarefoot, Jan 13, 2004.

1. I am bidding on several very large properties. They range from 50 to 200 acres in size and will need fert and weed control.

In formulating my bid, I am exploring the equipment available to make the applications.

I have already examined the Perma-Green and the Turf Tracker from C&S and some of Lesco's pendulum spreaders.

Is there any other motorized applicator that is a favorite among the companies out there for handling such large areas.

I am open to using liquid ferts. Ideally, I would like to make a single pass and throw fert and weed control at the same time.

Thanks in advance for any help.

2. Grassmechanic

Grassmechanic LawnSite Silver Member

Do like the farmers do. Get a PTO driven boom sprayer with the foam markers and a pendulum spreader. Or do as golf courses and get a boom sprayer for a utility vehicle.

3. James Cormier

James Cormier LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Ma

I own 2 perma greens and they will work on large lawns...however they only spread as wide as a lesco walkbehind spreader.

IF large commerical was going to be your focus I would invest in a small tractor with a vicon spreader and boom sprayer system. This could also be used for aeration with a 3 point hitch.

If you have any questiions on the perma greens email me at Oldstonejim@aol.com