1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by RM n WS, Mar 23, 2008.

1. RM n WS

RM n WS LawnSite Member

All of my customers here in nc want pre-m in early spring. I use dimension from lesco every year as accurately as I can based on temps, rainfall, etc. I think the results are less than they should be and the price is to high. Do you guys think that the idea of using a good quality fertilizer to green things up and a liquid broad leaf herbicide treatment would be a reasonable alternative. I normally have to go back with spray after the pre-m anyway?
  2. Whitey4

Whitey4 LawnSite Silver Member

Have you tried Barricade? That has a longer residual than Dimension. That is what I am going with this year.
  3. RM n WS

RM n WS LawnSite Member

I want to try barricade but no one near me sells it. Lesco is within 5 minutes.
  4. 101 Lawn Care

101 Lawn Care LawnSite Member

Lesco does sell barricade, it is under a different name. It is called Stonewall and has the same AI, which is Prodiamine.
  5. grassmasterswilson

grassmasterswilson LawnSite Platinum Member
    from nc

I use prodiamine 65wg at $22 a pound. Pre is all about prevention and it will make future cuts easier. You will still have to spray for weeds throughout the year. Check a farm supply store. That's where I get my stuff and if they don't have it then they can get it.
  6. Atlantic Lawn

Atlantic Lawn LawnSite Senior Member
    Male, from Outer Banks NC

We try to rotate between Dim. and Bar. every few years. Seems to work for us.
  7. grassman177

grassman177 LawnSite Fanatic

i too rotate, but man, prodiamine has done me better for control overall