1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Tree and hedge job. Nathan's Lawn Service

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by 4.3mudder, Jun 11, 2009.

1. 4.3mudder

4.3mudder LawnSite Silver Member

Recent job a few days ago. Had a few trees that needed to go. hedges that were way too tall and need o be trimmed back a whole lot. Filled my trailer with a lot of the mulch clippings. Took roughly half a day for everything. Went through 5 chains on the chainsaw. Glad I have my own sharpener for them. The best part was, I had a guy that wanted all the mulch for his garden. Cha ching no dump fee!!!

Photo0414.jpg

Photo0456.jpg

Photo0460.jpg

Photo0485.jpg

2. 4.3mudder

Another part of the yard Day and night difference

Photo0462.jpg

Photo0466.jpg

Photo0486.jpg

3. Cuttinitclose

Cuttinitclose LawnSite Bronze Member

Much better!

4. 4.3mudder

last part of the yard. this was the toughest

Photo0468.jpg

Photo0469.jpg

Photo0472.jpg

Photo0483.jpg

Photo0487.jpg

5. billslawn89

billslawn89 LawnSite Bronze Member

now that is smart thinking, as in using the chipper! makes the job alot easier! looks alot better.

6. 4.3mudder

It would have been about minimum 5 trailer loads to haul away, this was cheaper, and much quicker also.

7. billslawn89

billslawn89 LawnSite Bronze Member

i helped a friend of mine years ago when i lived up in ohio do something like this. he had overgrown hedges and trees and wanted to haul all the stuff down to his beach and burn it. i said to him that he was crazy, we would be cutting and hauling for days. i told him to rent a chipper. after the first load of truck and trailer loaded with the brush, he decided to get the chipper. lol got done in a day and popping cold one's that night. wouldn't do a job like this otherwise! rent the chipper and make it sooooo easy!

8. bighaydenslawn

bighaydenslawn LawnSite Senior Member

Looks great..... you are right, night and day difference!

That looked terrible before you worked on it! :clapping:

9. 4.3mudder

Well, there is still more to come. She wants me to maintain the yard also, look how tall the weeds are around the pool and everything. Grass is 2 foot tall around the fence. There are plenty more trees in the back that need to be trimmed too. I told her that later we can do everything else once she gets her money rejuvinated. lol

10. 4.3mudder

Im actually looking forward to doing more, that tree trimmer and clearing is fun!!