tree cleanup

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by longviewlawncare, Aug 18, 2002.

1. longviewlawncare

longviewlawncare LawnSite Senior Member

I have a customer who wants me too clean up a 12" diamter Bradford Pear Tree that fell during a storm. What and how should i charge?

2. TurfGuyTX

TurfGuyTX LawnSite Senior Member
    from DFW

Hopefully you have an idea what your costs are. Have you ever been to www.arboristSite.com? Alot of the tree professionals there can be a little hostile, but some of them should be able to help you. Good luck.

3. awm

awm LawnSite Gold Member

thats a good size pear tree.
    depends on if u have to haul it ,work it up or just pull it to the back of his property and work it dn some.
    for cut up and haul to dump. id probably get 70-100. bradford ,got a lot o limbs.
    of course this is assuming a close dump .
    2 hrs at the most, an u driving away to the dump. already paid.plus they pay whatever the local dumping fee is.
    mine is a low cost rural area. citiy folks will think differently ,possibly. good luck.

4. lawnkid

lawnkid LawnSite Senior Member

By the sizeof the tre trunk, I would probably charge like $300 to do everything including the shreding if oyu are gonna rent one or... If you are just cutting it up and leaving it tere oin a pile with no shreding, I would charge about $200. It depends on a lot of things.

5. sbvfd592

sbvfd592 LawnSite Senior Member

ok well first off what size saw do u have and the what do u have to load with it load by hand or fo u have a skidd steer or can u line up a cuple of jobs and rent a chipper?:blob4: i love trees

6. Art Stubbs handy 58

Art Stubbs handy 58 LawnSite Member

I do a lot of clean up work, that is a large pear tree. I would be around 300-400$$$$$ That's cut -up, load and clean-up....
    Go high make it worth your TIME... Tree guys would be in that $$ range...Wish I was closer I need some good fruit tree wood...

7. longviewlawncare

longviewlawncare LawnSite Senior Member

I am using a Husky 55 with a 24" bar and a smaller poulan, Dumping on site in the woods(they live outside the city). I have a Cushman Truckster with a hydro dump bed which i will be hauling the limbs and such from the fall site to the woods on the other side of the property.

8. kerr lawn

kerr lawn LawnSite Member

i have cut down so many of these trees
    i usually get 250-300 for each one.
    should take you 3-5 hours depending how far the woods are away.
    hope this helps.
    bye
    bryan

9. awm

awm LawnSite Gold Member

got to admit i am under a bit even for country livin. that size bradford ,could be a pretty big job.revise my bid to 150. plus.
    i some time take the wood home instead of dump. but i never allow the customer to figure the value of the wood in the deal. they want u to do it for the wood then. my experience unless u headed strait to the money,bbq house etc, u lose on those deals. many variables here. good luck.
    ps see what a little rain did to my bid.
    next wk ,it ll be 500.
    :D :D

10. m&m

m&m LawnSite Member

if ya cutting up and dumping on their property, i think i would get by with 200.00 - 300.00 dollar range.....sounds fair to me...........if ya hauling off (in case they change their mind) figure in the dump fees and such to go on top