Tree Cutting Time Estimate

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by gpriddy, Aug 30, 2004.

1. gpriddy

gpriddy LawnSite Member
    from MD

Just a number please...

I was working on a estimate for cutting and removing approximately 20 leyland Cypress, each 10 -15 ft tall. There is close street access so basically I just cut so that they fall into the truck/trailer and haul away, no stump concerns. Just Cut and haul and dump.

How much time should be considered? I was expecting 5 hours + hauling.

Input Appreciated!

2. D Felix

D Felix LawnSite Bronze Member

Why so slow?

IIRC, we removed about 4-5 arbs of about the same size, and probably 10 other shrubs this spring. All of the shrubs were good sized, not little ones. Cut, load, and ground the stumps in about 5-6 hours, including about 1/2 hour to get the grinder....

I would think you could have each cypress cut and loaded in less than 15 minutes each, depending on the size of your trailer.....

Dan

3. Coffeecraver

Coffeecraver LawnSite Senior Member
    from VA.

A Chipper would be handy

I don't know the size of your truck /trailer or how far it is to the dump. Or How many loads you have to haul.

But the time for each load needs to be considered

I would have to say at least charge for an 8 hour day.

4. firststarkid

firststarkid LawnSite Member

I did one where i charged $75 per tree for cutting and hauling but that is up to you. just trying to help.

5. o-so-n-so

o-so-n-so LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Alabama

I could do a job like that for about a grand including the stumps. No Stump work....bout 8 bills + dump fees.

6. TREEGODFATHER

TREEGODFATHER LawnSite Member

I'd rent a 12" chipper, feed them in (bascially) one piece, and be done in one load.

Figure about $700 for the whole job.

$250 rental, dump probably free (since it's chips), maybe an hour and a half to drop, chip, clean up.

Nice little profit.